Challenge


     This week's challenge was really hard, because when I look weird and act stupid, I feel terrible! But my task this time -  to call a delivery service and say I am tired of sitting at home. This was funny when I got this idea, but when the time came I wasn't laughing.  I hesitated for years, looked for different services, trying to find appropriate one, and when I called, got scared and didn’t manage to do it. When finally I composed myself and called to order a pizza, I said: can I talk to you a little bit? The girl was puzzled so I continued, telling her I feel lonely and I can't stand quarantine,  to make sure she is involved, I asked: how do you manage to stay calm? I really tried my best to sound sincere and for this I kept thinking of all the disadvantages of the current situation.  She was silent a little bit but then said: well, I work a lot, so it's not a big difference for me. We uttered some more sentences, if you can possibly call it conversation...
I am thankful she wasn't rude and didn't ignore my questions. But, clearly, I was annoying! I feel guilty a little bit of distracting her from work and making her feel uncomfortable. But how knows, maybe deep in her soul she wanted to talk to someone? On the bright side, I feel like a hero after leaving my comfort zone and completing this challenge. 

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения