CHALLENGE 9

        Previous week was really challenging for me, as I was preparing to give my speech. I rehearsed every time it was possible, and even when my friend came to visit me in my town and we went for a walk, everything I could speak about was speech. I asked, can I try it on you and you'll tell me what's wrong. We were at the park of my home town. Sun shining brightly, children on bicycles, children screaming, people walking. I knew all these difficulties will help me overcome my anxiety. So I kept trying to speak louder than people and then an idea came to my mind. I saw a small stage in the middle of the park, which was now empty. This is what happened. People were walking around, but I composed myself and tried to imagine I was on a real stage. You may think of those people as of indifferent audience. Sadly that most of them could not understand what I was talking about. At the beginning it's always harder, so only in the middle of it I spoke louder and more emotionally. Sometimes somebody's stare made me stop, but my friend's support really helped. When you aren't alone everything is less scary. Couple of people came by and asked what we were doing, thankfully nothing offensive. I really enjoyed the process of switching from : I can't do it to Why do I care? I felt like I was on top of the world, for a moment. The rest of the time it was embarrassing, but still even this moment was worth it!

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения